Evangelical Outpost tagged me (or You, but I was me then) with a meme. Guess I’m still a newbie, despite four years as a blogger, since I love the things.
1) What’s the most fun work you’ve ever done, and why? (two sentences max)
Teaching. As my husband reminded me, I’d do it if they didn’t pay me. (But don’t tell my boss.)
2) A. Name one thing you did in the past that you no longer do but wish you did? (one sentence max)
Remember EVERYTHING. Now I consider myself blessed if I remember I’ve met you, even if I don’t know who you are or where.
B. Name one thing you’ve always wanted to do but keep putting it off? (one sentence max)
Always? Nothing. But resubmit my manuscript, yeah, that.
3) A. What two things would you most like to learn or be better at, and why? (two sentences max)
Remembering, see A above. Thinking well. I think that’s tied into the problem I have with remembering.
B. If you could take a class/workshop/apprentice from anyone in the world living or dead, who would it be and what would you hope to learn? (two more sentences, max)
My first thought was Leonardo da Vinci, just to learn how he thought. Then I saw eo’s answer and thought, “John, because he was amazing.” Then I thought, Jesus, right? Everyone should want to apprentice with Jesus.
4) A. What three words might your best friends or family use to describe you?
Determined. Smart. Annoying.
B. Now list two more words you wish described you…
5) What are your top three passions? (can be current or past, work, hobbies, or causes– three sentences max)
God. Family. Teaching.
6) National-security expert Gregory Treverton makes a distinction between â€œpuzzlesâ€, questions that could be answered if we had the access to more information, and â€œmysteriesâ€, questions that rely more on predictions than on additional information. Do you consider your life to be a puzzle or a mystery?
Mystery. I’m not a big puzzles fan.
7)Write–and answer–one more question that YOU would ask someone (with answer in three sentences max)
Name one thing other than a person or a book that has inspired you and say what it has inspired you to.
Sunsets. Awe of God’s artistic ability.
Pingback: My Own Thoughts » Blog Archive » One Month to Live: Day 17