What does Divorce cost? Apparently the financial cost is $112 million a year.
A question I’ve been asking myself gets asked on the blogs. How can we have a discussion on race without mentioning race? And why, when Ferraro did it, did she take a nosedive in popularity?
The first glimpse of the pied piper is from the 1400s. A piper in multi-colored clothing took off 130 children from Hamlin. It doesn’t say why.
Oldest living tree found in Sweden looks small, about 13 years old. But its root system is 9500 years old, according to someone who ought to know. I was all excited when I thought it was big and beautiful and old. But little and old… Not so much.
In another response to Obama’s fatuous comment on America, Varifrank lists 20 reasons why he is bitter. Some of them are silly. But one of them, I just kept saying, yeah. Yeah.
“If I was an irresponsible ass who became a drug user and fathered half a dozen kids out of wedlock, went bankrupt walked away from my mortgage and didnâ€™t pay my bills, the government would provide any number of programs to help rehabilitate me, but if I live a straight life, pay my bills, live within my means and take care of my family, the government can only say that I donâ€™t pay enough taxes and that its only fair that I step in to help people who live in the other category. “
A woman in Virginia loses full custody of her daughter. Her lesbian ex-lover, whom the mother broke up with three years ago, gets liberal visitation rights. You know, if her ex-lover had been a man, who wasn’t biologically related to the child, he wouldn’t have gotten these rights.
Why are those children being taken away from their parents? I know the parents are polygamists, but why are the children being taken away from them? Gays can adopt. Why can’t biological parents keep their children? I know the state went in because of an abuse call but when they couldn’t find the person, I quickly thought some activist must have made up the whole thing. And The Common Room agrees.
Bloodletting decides to respond to Obama. And he does so with a full discussion of his experience with communism (and a GREAT metaphor) and a description of his culture that really resonated with me.
My culture judges a man by the content of his character not the color of his skin, which is why quotas are so hateful.
My culture believes that a man has a right to the fruits of his own labors, and he may feast or famine dependant upon how fat or hungry he wishes to be, which is why taxing the food out of my mouth and giving it to the lazy bum who cannot or will not take care of themselves pisses me off.
Here’s Varifrank’s 20 Reasons why he’s bitter:
1. I live in a generation of Americans who donâ€™t know what the words â€œvariableâ€ or â€œAdjustable Rate Loanâ€ mean.
2. Pets.com really wasnâ€™t worth 60 dollars a share.
3. There just arenâ€™t enough Erectile Dysfunction commercials on television.
4. Bruce Springsteen has made millions singing about being poor.
5. There are still large sections of America that are without the services of an In-and-Out Burger.
6. The death penalty still does not apply to bad drivers.
7. I own an SUV and want the gas mileage of a small Honda Civic. I can have one but not the other. This is simply unfair.
8. My neighborhood wont allow me to park my Personal Water Craft, RV and speedboat in the driveway, which requires that I spend extra money on a storage space.
9. When I fly on airlines, some people have more leg space than I do and get better food.
10. There are large numbers of people who think that Dane Cook is funny.
11. My 47 inch plasma HDTV is heavy and hard to lift.
12. I have 500 channels of television to watch, and thereâ€™s not one thing on any of them worth watching.
13. Not one of my three Tivos will record in HDTV.
14. Seafood is only good when its fresh, and I live two hours from the beach.
15. In fine restaurants, polite smokers are always segregated from the general public, yet noisy, smelly, misbehaving children are always welcome and are given the best seats.
16. Soylent Green is people.
17. I now own ‘Blade Runner’ in 5 different DVD formats.
18. Other peoples ringtones, suck.
19. My gardening service only works one day a week.
20. If I was an irresponsible ass who became a drug user and fathered half a dozen kids out of wedlock, went bankrupt walked away from my mortgage and didnâ€™t pay my bills, the government would provide any number of programs to help rehabilitate me, but if I live a straight life, pay my bills, live within my means and take care of my family, the government can only say that I donâ€™t pay enough taxes and that its only fair that I step in to help people who live in the other category.